Basic Microsoft Excel
Designed for users with basic-level knowledge, this course teaches participants about worksheet mechanics and time-saving navigation techniques, creating and working with databases, working with functions and formulas, formatting (including conditional formatting), creating and working with Pivot Tables, etc.
Participants will also learn helpful hints, tips and tricks and keyboard shortcuts.
- The Ribbon (Tabs, Groups and Commands)Time-saving Worksheet Navigation Techniques and Keyboard Short-cutsThe Quick Access ToolbarInsert/Delete Rows and ColumnsHow to:
- Select Non-Contiguous Cells/RangesControl Your Worksheet ViewGroup WorksheetsCreate a Data SeriesNumbersDates
- Use Comments to Explain Cell Contents
Working with Databases
- Define an Excel ‘Database’/‘Table’Database/Analysis Tools
- SortFilterWorking with Text Files (the Text-to-Column Wizard)Sub-TotalData ValidationPrinting Techniques
- Working with Page Set-Up: Headers and Footers, Repeat Header Rows, Set Print Area, Scaling, etc.
Formulas and Functions
- Building Formulas/Expressions to Perform CalculationsOperator OrderRelative and Absolute ReferencingStatistical Functions: SUMIF, SUMPRODUCT, AVERAGE, COUNT, COUNTIF, etc.
Formulae and Functions (cont’d)
- Text Functions: CONCATENATE, UPPER, TRIM, PROPER etc.The IF functionThe VLOOKUP function‘Nested’ FunctionsHow Excel Works with DatesDate Functions e.g. TODAY, NOW, etc.Calculations involving Dates
- Working with the ‘Format Cells’ menuConditional FormattingIntroduction to Custom Formatting
- Pivot Tables
- Anatomy of a PivotTable ReportGrouping Data and other itemsUsing the Report FilterPivot ChartsCharts
- Anatomy of a ChartWorking with Axes, Plot Area, Legend, etc.Charting Techniques
- Stacked Bar ChartPie ‘Explosion’Creative Use of Colours for Emphasis
We offer discounts for group bookings (i.e group of delegates attending the same course at the same time) as follows:
3-5 participants - 5% discount
6-9 participants - 7.5% discount
10 or more participants - 10% discount